Monday, September 5, 2022

SEVEN MORE DAYS~ "ALL WE GOTTA DO IS SURVIVE"

 


When I learned Ana and Joselyn had only 5 work days after 2 "off" days left on their Iowa contract, I warbled clumsily into "Seven More Days," made popular by Ron Woods, but written by Bob Dylan.

When Dylan gifts a song, it's like he's handing out money.

We've spent the last couple months in Le Mars, Iowa, the "Ice Cream Capitol of the World."

Le Mars is an idyllic little town of ten thousand where boys and girls actually ride bikes all around, teenagers are on motor scooters and beer-bellied guys on Harley Davidsons. 

Driving up and down every street in town, I've not seen a single untidy yard and zero homeless. Handymen are active everywhere getting things fixed up before the brutal winter starts.

Several times a day, we hear the horn and witness the passing of an ultra long train, sometimes even two trains passing each other in opposite directions.  

Beautiful rolling corn and soybean fields surround this town, some even sandwiching housing developments.


On her off days, Ana and I have usually gone to the Willow Creek Campground to grill and cook for the week and most of the time we've been the only ones there.

While it's still nice and warm here, it's a bit unnerving to see Walmart customers loading up bags of rock salt in preparation for the long, icy winter.

Work crews are all over this town; fixing driveways and gutters, painting, remodeling, getting everything done before the weather changes.

But, Ana and I are more than ready to come back to Brownsville.  



Seven More Days

Seven days, seven more days she'll be comin'

I'll be waiting at the station for her to arriveSeven more days, all I gotta do is survive.
She been gone ever since I been a childEver since I seen her smile, I ain't forgotten her eyes.She had a face that could outshine the sun in the skies.
I been good, I been good while I been waitin'Maybe guilty of hesitatin', I just been holdin' onSeven more days, all that'll be gone.
There's kissing in the valley,Thieving in the alley,Fighting every inch of the way.Trying to be tenderWith somebody I rememberIn a night that's always brighter'n the day.
Seven days, seven more days that are connectedJust like I expected, she'll be comin' on forth,My beautiful comrade from the north.
There's kissing in the valley,Thieving in the alley,Fighting every inch of the way.Trying to be tenderWith somebody I rememberIn a night that's always brighter'n the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment