Monday, June 24, 2019

TREY MENDEZ SAYS "THANK YOU!" TO SUPPORTERS



I have spent most of the day returning text messages and phone calls. 

Reflecting on yesterday, I’ve tried to find the right words to say. But it comes down to just two: THANK YOU! 

Thank you to those who started this journey with me many months ago when I decided to run.

Thank you to those who believed in me, despite the fact that many politicos labeled us as underdogs. 

Thank you to those you volunteered their time and energy, whether making phone calls, sharing posts, knocking on doors or holding signs. 

Thank you to those who believed in our message and what we were trying to do, and encouraged me to keep up the fight. 

Thank you for choosing me as the candidate who could change our city for the better. This win was a huge win for Brownsville and it feels so amazing. 

We won without making promises in exchange for support, without disparaging our opponent, without harvesting votes, without taking down signs, without playing dirty and we don’t owe any favors to special interests. 

Thank you to my opponent Charlie Cabler, who called yesterday to wish me the best going forward. He gave us a good run and never personally attacked me. 

I will always do what is best for Brownsville. It was a win for the little guy, the underdog. 

You will forever be a part of Team Trey. I am excited to get started, and will carry your hopes and expectations with me everywhere I go. 

It will take some time to see the results, but they will come. Good things are going to happen. I love this city. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment