Saturday, June 1, 2019

CHARLIE CABLER SEEKS DIVINE INTERVENTION IN MAYOR'S RACE

Mr. Thomas Prays Over Cabler
With the June 22 city election runoff just three weeks away, candidates are pulling out all the stops, certainly not taking prayer out of the equation.

Happy Thomas, the Indian entrepreneur we encountered at the Estela Chavez-Vasquez Re-Election Kickoff, the self-described "first Christian from India" to settle in Brownsville seventeen years ago, shared the following about encountering Charlie Cabler on the campaign trail:

"I saw Charlie campaigning.  I pulled over my car and went and talked with him.  I asked him few questions.  

Then I asked him can I pray over him.  He said yes.  Then I asked him, if I can take a picture of me praying over him.  He said yes.

He was cool.  It was hot outside.(You can post if u want.  It's a uncommon news.  A mayor candidate and a 11th generation of St. Thomas disciple, born in India, praying over a candidate in Brownsville, Texas, USA.)"




Mr. Thomas described yet another incident of the "laying on of hands," a meeting with a group of local Republicans under the direction of James Zavaleta.  We will allow Thomas to characterize the interaction:

"People talking to me to run for mayor and was signing for me.  They were pushing me to run.  Few months ago.

It was Republicans.  I like to listen to everyone."

From the editor:  Happy Thomas will appear tomorrow on a special 1:00 PM "Whine with Cheez" podcast at "Angelita's Casa de Café," 2200 Boca Chica Blvd.


2 comments:

  1. Cabler's chalan Jair Rodriguez what a lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you promote Charlie Atkinson and Melissa Zamora? They turned you down? LOL

    ReplyDelete