Wednesday, February 27, 2019

CRAIG GROVE REPORTS BEHIND-THE-SCENES CONTROL OF THE GBIC BOARD

Craig Grove, Christine Breeden
From the editor:  The blog comment below by Craig Grove deserves a wider audience.  We repost it without commentary:


Brownsville Living, February 27, 2019 at 6:11 AM

Jim, thanks for mentioning me and for this article. You are spot on about the board. 

One minor correction. I didn't serve on the Board. I was on the GBIC Incentives Committee that was implemented after they shortsightedly dismantled BEDC. 

We were tasked with evaluating all incentive requests. However, when I realized it was a rubber stamp committee and there were other people really making the decisions, I protested and was rebuffed by the new CEO. 

My protest was about the mysterious approval of the airport funding. We had specifically addressed this and said we most likely couldn't support it because it would wipe out our ability to do economic development projects as you so aptly stated. 

I confronted them about when and where this was approved and was essentially told to back off. The item was somehow approved by GBIC during the time after Gilbert Salinas was fired and before Mario Lozoyo was employed. 

There was a window where they didn't call us for any meetings. That was when the airport funds were approved. 

After realizing I had no voice and would just end up being blamed in the future for something I had nothing to do with, I resigned and began my "subtle campaign" to help expose the true nature of this and other civic concerns. 

Thanks again Jim. Although we aren't always on the same page I appreciate your continued effort to inform the public. - 

Craig Grove

6 comments:

  1. Craig Grove lives in Rancho Viejo not Brownsville. He is not eligible for city committees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig is an arrogant micromanaging maniac, he was forced to leave, because he wouldn’t work along with the rest of them, he wanted to direct everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... 🤣 funny how anon is so tough. Anyhow, not even remotely true. I resigned due to the total lack of transparency and corruption. No one asked me to leave. It’s all public record. I have served on multiple boards for years with no problems. Bottom line is people don’t like it if you aren’t a yes man. That will never be me.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous, that is not correct, I disclosed immediately to Commissioner Tetreau that I lived in Rancho and voiced concern about exactly that. I specifically told her I didn’t want to serve if there was any conflict and requested she confirm that it was ok. She said on this committee it didn’t matter. I asked her to check with the City Attorney and she said she did and it was not a concern. Further there were other past actual Board Members that we’re not residents of Brownsville. So after disclosing my residence and receiving confirmation that it was ok I accepted the nomination. I served for about 6 months and left due to what I believe was improper action by GBIC. - Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why in the hell would anyone appoint him to any committee in Brownsville if he lives in Rancho Viejo? Lo que deben de hacer es darle una cachetada para enderezarle el ojo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is known as the Greater Brownsville Incentives Council. It is intended as a regional council. I asked the same thing and that is what they told me. Anyhow, I have multiple properties in Brownsvile and a business there so it does give me at least a little bit of substance and knowledge on the business of the area. So being a business owner and property owner and tax payer I was happy to help when I thought I could. Now my mission is to expose the unethical way it is being managed. - Craig

      Delete