Saturday, May 19, 2018

SCATTERED THOUGHTS FROM SATURN'S DAY

Stuff I had to do caused me to miss out on the cartoons of Saturday or Saturn's Day growing up.  Still, I hummed the theme of my favorite cartoon in my head and sing it to this day:

"Mighty Mouse to save the day!!!!"

Passing the closed-for-the-weekend Skinner Elementary, I reviewed Public Speaking and Math with Grandson Jack.  He hit all the marks and I headed home, but not before stopping at Boca Chica H.E.B. to pick up the $1.77 blueberries and some Atlantic salmon.(Someone in the H.E.B. meat department has been putting cuttings of salmon in a tray for about $5.00 per lb., perfect for cooking for one.)


Great Kiskadee
For my afternoon swim, I was joined by a kiskadee, who kept diving after something in the pool, then flying back to join his partner in the branches of a huge live oak.
Live Oak 

After the kiskadee's third dive, I heard the sound of an ambulance on Minnesota Avenue, reminding me of the 4 times one came for Nena in the last few years.  

Two seagulls flew over the pool, as if in formation like Blue Angels.


Washington Palms, Cumulus Clouds

For my last lap, I always swim on my back so I can gaze up through the Washington Palms along the pool, watching the movement of the white cumulus clouds.  Today, a tiny sliver of moon was visible.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: Sports betting isn't exactly "about to be legal." The federal prohibition against states making it legal is gone, but much more would need to be done before it becomes legal anywhere new (with the possible exception of New Jersey which got things rolling)

    ReplyDelete

𝗝𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗠𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗘, 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗦𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘'𝗦 𝗦𝗨𝗕𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥/𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥

At the Roy De los Santos event last evening, blogger Jerry McHale told me once again that my writing had improved.  That's so funny! I...