Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cesar Millan, the "Dog Whisperer," Feels Mexican Men Suppress Emotions

Cesar Millan
Cesar Millan, in his book "Be the Pack Leader," discusses his personal emotional development and a culture he feels initially taught him to suppress his feelings.

"Growing up in Mexico, I was taught that only women can have emotions.  Women carry the whole emotional load there, and in many other third world countries, as well.  My father taught me that to cry was to be weak, to be a sissy.  Men in my culture are conditioned from very young ages to suppress our feelings and hide them under bravado.  Pretty soon, we are so distanced from our emotions that we don't even recognize them when they come up.  

When I came to America, I saw that compared to what I'd known in Mexico, everybody seemed free to show their emotions--even men.  I saw Dr. Phil telling men that it was okay to cry, and ask them to talk about what they were feeling.  "What?" I wondered.  "How do they even know what they're feeling?"  That's how messed up I was in terms of emotions, I couldn't really become balanced.  I believe that countries like Mexico can never be healthy until they learn the importance of emotions--and to value women and children, which is where most of the world's emotional power currently lies."

4 comments:

  1. This absolute total bull shit. Mexican men are the biggest cry babies in the world. The whole culture is based on the weak, effeminate father figure. Have you not heard all the songs about the poor macho left behind by the woman, crying in his tequila? There is a saying in Mexico that a son cannot be a man until he kills his father. The myth of the macho is old and worn out. Try watching a Mexican liga soccer match and see all the phony falls and injuries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy,yeah? vete y dile eso a los pelados en las cantinas en la catorce. Diles, "los hombres machos de Mexico son un mito, son puros llorones!" Tell me when you are going so I can call 911 for you.

      Delete
  2. DPM:(It is the first pitfall of the non-creative Anglo, and, well, there are many of those. I see them struggling with their writing. I see them) But post pics of those old decrepit buildings and he's sucking "anglo" ass like it's going out of style.
    Dags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Emotions" is not limited to crying. Mexican men show "emotions" and sometimes show them in different ways. Sometimes the wailing done at funerals, usually by women, is "expected emotions" and actions....a cultural response, not a real emotion. Not demonstrating a public show of emotions doesn't mean men don't have emotions....Not wailing and crying doesn't mean a man isn't sad or emotionally upset of events. There are a lot of "drama queens" in society who demonstrate emotions over everything....It is wrong to say those that don't demonstrate whatever emotion you expect is not emotional. Remember....emotions includes physical abuse too.

    ReplyDelete

𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗪𝗘𝗜𝗥𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗡𝗕𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗦𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗕𝗔𝗥

My overt cowardice made me wait until halftime to check the Mavs-Clippers score for round 1 of the NBA playoffs.   The Mavs were sufficientl...