Monday, April 8, 2013

El Centro de la Ciudad de Brownsville

H.E.B.'s downtown flagship store
Add caption
My friend Rosalio(Chalio) Rivera worked at Whitman's in the 60's.  When Mr. Whitman
let him go, I got him a job at Glen's Supermarket on Boca Chica.
In front of Elizondo's store
Tiny house in the alley between Adams and Jefferson, near E. 11th St.
Hotel Colonial, Beckoning Visitors from the South

This location used to be occupied by Mr. John's Men's Shop where I purchased two suits
in 1966.  I'm featured in one of those suits on the Dos Frias blog.  I was sold a size 36 because that was what was in stock.  I needed at least a size 38.





























1 comment:

  1. These pictures show the public the disintegrating nature of downtown Brownsville. While Peter Goodman defines these a "historic buildings" in some cases....they are mostly old eye sores that should be destroyed or given some serious attention by their owners. BUT, the owners continue to wait for the public to bail them out, so the owners don't have to invest in their own property.

    ReplyDelete