Saturday, November 19, 2011

Junior Bonner Contemplates Defamation Suit Against The Paz Files

Junior Bonner Contemplates Defamation Suit Against The Paz Files

by Jim Barton on Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 10:01pm
 
     A bartender knows.  Junior always puts fifty cents in the tip jar on a one fifty draft unless he's down about something.  "What's wrong Junior?" I consoled, trying to bring his troubles out into the open.   "Oh, it's that damn Paz guy!  He's makin' me out as an adulterer.  I ain't ever even been married.  Oh, I've had women, but when I finally realized I was a family man, it was too late.  My looks were gone.  Now, no one wants to even go out with me, not even Paula, the bi-polar lady in government housing."
     "Why would he do that?" I countered.  "Oh, he hired me to do some pokin' around in Brownsville and Harlingen.  He calls it investigative reporting.  I call it gettin' into other people's business.  But, he don't pay nuthin'.  Then, the shithead makes me the story.  I read his shit on the library computer:  Junior Bonner with this woman, Junior with that woman.  It's all a damn lie!  The only woman I asked to marry me was Belinda from the Umatilla Reservation.  I was willing to be a father to her five kids, but she wouldn't have me.  Can't say I blame her.  I'm just no good."
     Full disclosure or as they say, "coming clean" allows a bartender to sort things out.  "Dammit, Junior.  You're one of the best customers I have.  Don't let this Paz fella get to you.  Where is the muddafukka, anyway?"  "Oh, he's up there in Austin.  He's plum skeered of the valley.  Ever since that guy pulled an H.E.B. boxcutter on him.  Skeered the bejeebies outta him and he hightailed it to Austin.  Lives in one of them rent-subsidized apartments where the government pays half.  I don't give a shit."  He tapped his empty Bud Light on the counter.  I replaced it, accepting a fifty cent tip.

21 comments:

  1. Jimmy, I hate to dissappoint you, but this character is not Junior Bonner. This guy looks like a bum from 12th and Jackson. He speaks like him, but it is not Junior, sorry. Bonner dresses, western. This guy looks, like a homeless person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jimmy, I hate to dissappoint you, but this character is not Junior Bonner. This guy looks like a bum from 12th and Jackson. He speaks like him, but it is not Junior, sorry. Bonner dresses, western. This guy looks, like a homeless person."

    Perhaps, like many, you've been influenced by a certain blog that has tried to fictionalize and glamorize Bonner's life. That particular site has used a variety of photographs to allegedly depict Bonner, none of them authentic. Although Bonner briefly worked as a field hand in the Fort Worth area, he is almost always dressed as a rocker.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, am I to believe, that Junior Bonner is a made up character by the editor of the Paz-files. I heard rumors to that effect. Although, people swear they see him often in Harlingen eating at a local restaurant.
    I guess if you were to put a hat on this guy, he would resemble Bonner, man, I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The editor of the Paz-files writes novel's for all anyone knows, he might already be writing a book about Junior Bonner. Does Junior really exist, inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The editor of the Paz-files"

    I smell fresh baked duardo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The editor of the Paz-files writes novel's for all anyone knows, he might already be writing a book about Junior Bonner. Does Junior really exist, inquiring minds want to know."

    I'm told that his tenure at the Boston Globe was all of six weeks, that his "novels" are published "on demand". Evidently, there is no demand, thus the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Jim, am I to believe, that Junior Bonner is a made up character by the editor of the Paz-files. I heard rumors to that effect. Although, people swear they see him often in Harlingen eating at a local restaurant.
    I guess if you were to put a hat on this guy, he would resemble Bonner, man, I am confused."

    You may be comparing an artist's conception to a real person. The Bonner we present is unfortunately real, not romanticized.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. jealousy will get you nowhere, Jim. DP-M is Da Man! you know it and I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "jealousy will get you nowhere, Jim. DP-M is Da Man! you know it and I know it."

    There are so many traits that have gotten me nowhere, Jerry. Jealousy ranks pretty low on that list.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jim, that wasn't Jerry McHale. It was Duardo puffing his own peter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey fellas, Junior Bonner exist, I saw him eating oat meal and toast at Las Casuelas this morning with some woman that doesn't know what hair brushes were made for. Damn she is ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear Bonner generates quiet a bit of comments. That Paz-Martinez fella is up to his old tricks, fooling people, will the real Junior Bonner, please post a picture and admit he exist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You mean the editor of the Paz-file lives in sub-sidized housing, how awful.
    Junior, you file can with the wage and hour law people to help you collect. Were you sober, when you accepted the assignments. Or were you drunk on your rear-end??
    Investigative work, Junior, do you even know what that means???
    Man, I swear, lots of commotion caused by your comments.
    Junior, do us all a favor, move back to Colorado city, take your travel trailer and 5 dogs, 2 cats wis cha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jimmy I meant to say: you can file with wage an hour to help you collect, sorry, long day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jim, by the way, the Paz-File bloggers are already saying good things about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jim, by the way, the Paz-File bloggers are already saying good things about your blog

    All 2 of them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! "Mr. Infinity"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jim, gives us more information about this junior bonner, you know the guitar player. The Paz files is reporting Bonner, got himself a big-ass cadillac, any truth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The editor of the Paz files lives is in Goverment housing, Jim, double check with Junior, isn't he a novel writer, or something like that.
    The Paaz bloggers are on the attack, they are saying your facts are wrong, wowowowo, is this a blog war, agaiiiinnnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Jim, gives us more information about this junior bonner, you know the guitar player. The Paz files is reporting Bonner, got himself a big-ass cadillac, any truth."

    Bonner views himself as a "Cadillac man", but actually has his eye on a 2006 Jaguar. I don't see an automobile purchase in his immediate future unless he charms some rich widow woman.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  21. How much money can Junior make, taming horses in the Valley, or nosing around Brownsville and Harlingen. Harlingen has Tony Chapa, Bonner hangs out at La Placita trying to pick up... you know what.

    ReplyDelete