Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bobby WC's Unflattering, But Humorous Comments

  Bobby WC describes himself as "weak" after gallbladder removal in his near daily blog BROWNSVILLE VOICE.  Bobby does muster up enough strength in his first postoperative posting to describe me in this way:
"Jim Barton is not stupid - he is just a very bad person who suffers from delusions of grandeur.  Obviously it is not for me to make a formal diagnosis.  To the best of my knowledge no such diagnosis has ever been made."
     The above wouldn't be on my tombstone if I wanted one, which I don't.  Nena and I long ago agreed on cremation.  No funeral.  No burial.  Our ashes will be scattered at Boca Chica without fanfare.   But back to Bobby's unflattering assessment:   "Not stupid"  is not really an endorsement.  Basic intelligence is simply inherited with no real credit to the receiver of such.  To say someone is "not stupid" can imply bad motives, as if to say that the evil they perform is not done out of ignorance, but willful, malicious.  Bobby says so much in the next sentence when he describes me as "a very bad person."   The word bad as here used implies moral bankruptcy, corruption.   This is not a charge against which I can defend myself.  Simply saying that I'm not a "bad person" as Bobby suggests proves nothing.  My actual life is the only answer to such a dastardly charge, but that answer will only come after my remains are floating along the surf of my beloved beach.
     To further illustrate my deficiencies, Bobby makes an issue of my use of the nonword "irregardless".  I've been aware of this faux pas for some time but lapse back into it occasionally when not concentrating.  Then he jumps to a quote in one of my articles from a downtown property owner referencing the stringent requirements for downtown buildings.  Bobby uses this quote to portray me as anti-sprinker, anti-safety.
     Actually, BROWNSVILLE VOICE is interesting reading, covering a variety of topics.  Bobby recently offered a recipe for a pork roast marinated in a bottle of LA Choy Stir Fry Orange & Ginger that you might enjoy.  He is also a Harry Potter fan, giving a nice critique of the latest offering.   He frequently pontificates about his god that he refers to as Joshua, a sort of Anglicized transliteration of the Hebrew characters for Yeshua.  The spelling, pronunciation and the actual name of a god can be very important to the individual worshipper and I find Bobby's commentary on Joshua most interesting.
     Please continue your fine work Bobby.  I have your site bookmarked.  Loading...


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗖 𝗧𝗘𝗫𝗔𝗦 𝗖𝗔𝗙𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗡𝗜𝗢 𝗖𝗜𝗦𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗦

      By Rene Torres One of the most recognized cafes in Brownsville for many years sat on the edge of the Market Square  business district.  Mo...