Saturday, September 2, 2023

ALLOCATING GARDEN SPACE FOR BLUE CORN

 


If Ana and I ever decide where we want to settle permanently I want to stake out a small swath of land for myself, till it vigorously with a small Honda tiller, adding nutrients and planting blue corn.

Blue corn has long been a fascination of mine since my days of frequenting Soriana in Matamoros for their blue tortillas.

Health benefits? Maybe, but, for me, it's more superficial than that.  I like the taste, the look and no, I'm not from the Hopi tribe.

Ana, I promise to eat an ear of blue corn buttered with salt for every meal, if you just let me have some garden space.

You can take the rest of the garden for those Phillipine vegetables you love to eat, just give me space for my blue corn.

2 comments:

  1. Would you put a dead fish at the base of every corn stalk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it a go if you ever grow one Buddy, I like corn. You can do it Jim.

    ReplyDelete