Friday, January 24, 2020

MY MOM, BEVERLY MARIE FOLSOM, PASSES AWAY(1924-2020)

Beverly Marie Folsom(1924-2020)


Just a few weeks from her 96th birthday, my mother passed away on Wednesday.

Quick-witted, a voracious reader and fan of the TV show Jeopardy, mom was the tolerant counter-balance to a tyrannical religious hypocrite of a father, a "don't do as I do, do as I say!" sort of guy.

I still recall the euphoria I felt at 11 years of age when dad left on Monday for a weeklong sales trip through eastern Oregon with the Gates Rubber Company, followed by the dread on Friday of his pending return.

Thanks mom for making those years tolerable and for being such a kind, gentle soul.

11 comments:

  1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. typical Duardo sensitivity

      Delete
    2. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(not Duardo)

      Delete
  2. May she be at peace with her family. God, every ding on my phone I am waiting for the text my brother or sister have passed. But for me I know they will be a peace. I hope you and Ana can find he peace she has. It is good she knew Ana is there to care for her son.

    Bobby WC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom sounds pretty cool. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing worse than when a parent loses a child. As children we give thanks that our parents pass before us. Knowing that Mom and Dad are on the other side is always a comfort. Un abrazo, good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From all of us at the Beacon, we offer our condolences. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When "one fool" is "all of us".

      Delete
    2. What's the matter, Bobby? The "anonymous" voices in your head still upset because we blogged about the useless drivel you s*itpost all day?

      Delete