Wednesday, July 3, 2019

TWO OLD MEN ENJOY THE WEDNESDAY BIG MAC SPECIAL AT MCDONALDS

Abraham Galonsky on the left
With the WiFi at my RV park abysmally slow, I told Ana I was heading to Mickey D's with my laptop.

Guilting myself for using the free internet, I ordered something I don't even like, the Wednesday Big Mac Special.  

"No special sauce, please!"  I told the young man at the register.

Within a minute of my order arriving, Abraham Galonsky, the dad of newly elected District 1 City Commissioner, took a seat directly across, carrying a tray topped with the Big Mac Special.

Two old men eating the junkiest of junk food.  

"I know Galonsky can do better than this," I thought to myself.

"I hadn't seen you in years and now we see each other two days in a row," Mr. Galonsky commented as he came over to shake hands.

"Congratulations on your daughter's victory," I sort of shouted over to him.

Then, almost in unison, we both said:  "I think she'll do great!"  LOL!

Gathering his thoughts, Galonsky added:  "You know I helped Rick get elected the first time."

"Yeah, it's been a rough time for him, losing his mother," I added, trying to anticipate the direction the man was taking the conversation.

"He's cocky!" replied Mr. Galonsky.

"True,"  I added.

"You never know how young people will respond to influence and power.  Look at Cesar de Leon."

Galonsky just shook his head, then finishing, picked up his tray and wished me a good day.

6 comments:

  1. "What I say to him is none of your business." That pretty well sums up Donald Trump's view of the presidency. In his view, the United States is his personal business, and we all work for him, instead of him working for us. He does not believe we have any right to question anything he does, whether it is his praise of Vladimir Putin, adding a question to the census or Congress investigating possibilities of illegal activity. The vast majority of the Republican Party willingly allows this. It is well past time to make clear that he is supposed to work for all of us and not his friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The veterans (immigrants too!) who have served our nation proudly would like to see your cowardly ass on the frontlines. You talk a big game, Tad Hasse, but your fealty to the most treasonous, racist, rapist, syphilitic slug criminal to squat in the Oval Office is all you've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, once again I am right and you got nothing.
      Haters gotta hate, and libs gotta lose.

      Delete
    2. Ruben Cortez is a lib. He won by beating your cracker ass, son.

      Delete
  3. It's not just a “war with American tradition”, if Trump were moving the country forward without regard to 'tradition', it would be fine (not fine though disrespecting the law, constitution, and common morality).

    Unfortunately, he is NOT moving the country forward. Not in terms of legislation, not in terms of dealing with debt, not in terms of GDP growth, not in terms of our standing in the world.

    Now we appear to be heading towards recession next summer based on technical market indicators. That is exactly what we DON'T need. Already we are faced with $ trillion deficits, record breaking deficts on trade, and a weakening job situation.

    It will be very difficult to make a legitimate case for Trump in 2020 if things deteriorate from now, and there is every indication that it will. The way he treats children. the way he uses taxpers money, is that honorable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So if Trump wins in 2020 will you still continue your whining,complaining and hating for 4 more years.

      Delete