Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Eddie Lucio III Re-Election Kick Off Meeting at Brownsville Event Center

 

by Jim Barton on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:21pm

     Listening to Eddie Lucio, Jr. talk about Eddie Lucio III at the Brownsville Event Center brought to mind a conversation I had with Letty Perez-Garzoria a couple of weeks back.  She said at the time:  "I don't like political dynasties.  If we elected the father or mother, so be it.  That doesn't mean we need to put their children in office."  Considering the context of our conversation, she was  likely referring to the Hernandez family with  daughter Erin now running for office, but I applied it to the Lucios.  Eddie Jr. introduced his wife and his mother to the crowd, then spoke of walking his son down the halls of the Texas senate when he was 8 or 9 years old, giving me a quick mental image of a silver spoon.
     Then Eddie III spoke.  (Nena's videos appear just beneath this summary.)  Eddie III is hard to dislike, very personable, family oriented and respectful of his family elders.  "My grandmother is the best cook in Brownsville."  I could tell by the way a lady sitting near me said "ohhhhhhhh" that she was touched by young Eddie's comment.
     I listened very carefully to hear what Rep. Eddie III had done for his district, the 38th I believe.  He said he worked hard on three committees, sometimes not getting home on time for dinner.  He mentioned laying the groundwork for a "free standing medical school in the valley in 6 to 8 years."  He's already served over 5 years.  After his remarks, he let his daughter frolick on the stage a bit with her mother looking on. 

     I don't have a Bible anymore but I think I remember a scripture about the sins of the father being visited onto the son.  But I think there is another text that says the opposite.  It's one of those seeming contradictions that Biblical scholars can explain away.  Actually, if we could find the 21 million that went to the "bridge to nowhere" and put it to use revitalizing downtown Brownsville, I would be square with Lucio Jr.  His only punishment would be having a highway named after him that charges citizens 68 cents to go over one ramp.  Then Lucio III can work on getting us that medical school.

7 comments:

  1. Jim why are they getting publicity, I can't stand neither of these two clowns. Brownsville has way too many dynasties. Ooops... have to go puke, the Lucio's are annoying as hell, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jim's 15 minutes are up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownsville has way too many dynasties:

    Ortiz, Hernandez, Tony Martinez, Lucio, Oliveira, Hinojosa.

    We need the Lucio to build the promissed 21million bridge.

    We are waiting for Salomon Ortiz to start the VA hospital.

    Hinojosa, Martinez and Ernie Hernandez should stop whoring their so called dynasties.
























    ;

    ReplyDelete
  4. "jim's 15 minutes are up."

    whenever you make that comment, it adds another 15 minutes

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. If a medical school is built, how much money does it goes into the Lucio's pockets?? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get a pic of politiquera Herminia Becerra in her Sophia t-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Did you get a pic of politiquera Herminia Becerra in her Sophia t-shirt?"

    Yes, I saw Herminia sitting next to Erin Hernandez. I believe I got a picture of her back in the Sofia t-shirt.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete