Wednesday, September 13, 2023

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗘𝗟𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗞 𝗢𝗡 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗢𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗦𝗞 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 "𝗦𝗢𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚"

 "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"                  John Lennon in "God"


Latter-Day Saints I met at Rutledge Hamburgers Downtown

As a self-proclaimed "backsliding agnostic," I'm ever curious, but not obsessed, with religion. My fundamentalist upbringing reminds me that people can be born in or converted to believe crazy shit.

When Roman Perez briefly detoured from politics, plunging headlong into Catholicism, I listened.

In the Philippines, when a string of Buddhist monks in orange gowns passed, I tried to engage, but Ana stopped me saying they'd taken a "vow of silence" and I was intefering with their form of worship.


When two "elders" from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Mormons, approached me as I was throwing my trash into a Brownsville dumpster, we had a pleasant two hour conversation.

Last summer at the Iowa State Fair, I spent some time with ladies of the Amish faith trying to sell storage buildings.  While learning some things about their belief system, when I took out the camera, they quickly hid their faces.


But, just last night, while reading up on this weekend's Arkansas vs Brigham Young University football game, I stumbled onto a BYU message board and read about a practice totally new to me.

It's called "soaking," a loophole many Mormons apparently use to get around their church's "no sex before marriage" rule.

Essentially, a man inserts his penis into a woman's vagina, but doesn't thrust, remaining still.

Others may jump on the bed, a practice known as "jump humping," designed to create motion.

I admit, I'd never heard of "soaking" before.

If a couple Mormon elders knock on your door, ask them about "soaking."  I'm certain there's a passage in the Book of Mormon that will explain everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment