Saturday, June 15, 2019

GEORGE RAMIREZ'S 105.1 KYIQ, JAM-PACKED WITH ECLECTIC SURPRISES

George Ramirez
After watching his grandpa sort of movin' and groovin' in the driver's seat to a delta blues tune, grandson Jack wondered out loud if I was concentrating enough on my driving.  He was not disrespectful, just uneasy.

Neil Young's "Southern Man" came up next on KXIQ 105.1, George Ramirez's noncommercial station, and, against my better judgement, I got into the Neil Young/Lynyrd Skynyrd Thing, "Sweet Home Alabama" and racism.  

Jack was listening, but I stopped proselytizing before boredom set in.

When Dylan's original version of "Make You Feel My Love" came up, I was euphoric with no one who could understand my joy.  My son, Diego Lee Rot, would understand, but most think this is Adele's song while country folk credit Garth Brooks.  Dylan's version is superior to both and playing on Brownsville radio!


Jack at Mickey D's
The guitar was recognizable, but the intro seemed longer than on the record for Tracy Chapman's "Just Give Me One Reason."  

Then, finally, a voice I recognized instantly, John Lennon singing his Plastic Ono version of "Love."


Love is real, real is love
Love is feeling, feeling love
Love is wanting to be loved
Love is touch, touch is love
Love is reaching, reaching love
Love is asking to be loved
Love is you
You and me
Love is knowing
We can be
Love is free, free is love
Love is living, living love
Love is needing to be loved

1 comment:

  1. Those are mainstream songs, hardly eclectic.

    ReplyDelete