Thursday, February 28, 2019

JOHN COWEN AND ISMAEL HINOJOSA, RESPECTFUL OPPONENTS FOR CITY COMMISSIONER AT LARGE "A"

John Cowen
John Cowen and Ismael Hinojosa, half of the contenders for City Commissioner At Large "A," seem to end up talking to each other at Brownsville political events.

"I have a lot of respect for John," states Ismael.  

"We seem to agree on almost everything."

Cowen concurs and laughed when I referred to the unlikely tandem as "bookends."  Both are soft spoken, although Cowen more so, both self-effacing, family oriented.  Cowen admits to losing 20 lbs so far on the campaign, weight he didn't need to lose.


Ismael Hinojosa
"I'm the least important person in that picture," Hinojosa told me when I mentioned his campaign sign showing his entire family.  

"You don't know what it means to be a dad, until you actually are one," the attorney told me as he talked about finally understanding the sacrifices his parents made for him and his siblings.

Carlos Guerrero and Jessica Puente-Bradshaw are also running for the position.  

Hopefully, within the next couple weeks, we can have all four on the Whine and Cheez Podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment