Saturday, October 14, 2023

π™π™€π™§π™’π™šπ™§ 𝙁𝙀𝙧𝙩 π˜½π™§π™€π™¬π™£ 𝙂𝙀𝙑𝙛 π˜Ύπ™€π™ͺπ™§π™¨π™š π™‚π™€π™šπ™¨ π˜½π™–π™˜π™  𝙩𝙀 𝙄𝙩𝙨 𝙉𝙖𝙩π™ͺ𝙧𝙖𝙑 π™Žπ™©π™–π™©π™š

 

Former Fort Brown Golf Course

The land that was once the Fort Brown Golf Course looks happier now, certainly lusher than I remember it when I played it in the mid-60's  

Look at that now lush fairway that used to be given a buzz cut, but no water, and was as hard as an H.E.B. parking lot.

A few of the holes actually butted up against the levee, separated only by a gravel road.

Once, in my immaturity, I thought about hitting a ball across the river, only to see a BP agent, standing on that levee, waving his finger "no."

Even the bad golfer has the memory of a few good shots catalogued in his brain for retelling, but all I remember from Fort Brown is how dry and dusty it was.  

Oh, and, of course, the memory of a government agent preventing me from doing wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment