Wednesday, July 28, 2021

CASCOS DEFERS DECISION TO RUN FOR CAMERON COUNTY JUDGE

 A message from Carlos Cascos:



Running for office is a worthy undertaking & the time it takes cannot be measured in hours or days.

I had considered making an announcement after Labor Day, but after receiving unfounded criticism from a blogger who thinks I'm too much of a Trumper & from so called "conservatives" that believe I'm not Trump enough, I have decided to defer my decision.

My message to all of those "conservatives" & keyboard jockeys, get behind someone new that you believe can prevail in November, better yet, grow a pair & run for office yourselves, but what ever you choose, do it & quit bashing those individuals that have worked to make our area a true two party region.

As of now, we are not, regardless of what you believe & getting close isn't a win.

I am proud to have represented my constituency & placed them above party politics....and yes I still believe that people represent people, a political party does not.

Good luck to all.

5 comments:

  1. With the extreme polarity of this era's electorate, building a consensus is extremely difficult.

    While a Republican candidate in Cameron County cannot win by alienating any of the 42% voters voting for Trump in 2020, becoming identified with a candidate who made racist remarks directed toward Hispanics immediately after riding down the escalator to announce his candidacy destroys the opportunity to attract the much-needed independents and Democrats to form a winning coalition.

    The current demographics put a Republican candidate between the proverbial rock and a hard place.




    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Trump! I hate him! I hate him 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cascos is a decent man but the GOP is in a tailspin. I don't blame him for not running in this toxic climate.

    When the Jan 6 truth comes out there won't be anything left of it. The party of bleach drinking, hydroxychloroquine, and invading the US Capitol. Not that the Democrats are perfect, but there's no future for the GOP after Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting for the Russian Collusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I support Judge Cascos. The losers attacking him and Morgan Graham are just angry women including Jessica Bradshaw who ran against Morgan and didn’t even scrape 10% of the votes. She’s bitter and vindictive and always a polarizing shrew. Then there is the fact one of the ones attacking is defending the fake who lied about being a doctor when he was running for Congress. She and her lawyer boss lost their case and she wants to run against Graham even though she is too stupid to know the basics of what to do. They’re tearing the party apart and don’t have the class or character to put the greater good above their own jealousy and bitterness. Ratas babosas

    ReplyDelete