Thursday, September 5, 2019

WAITING FOR ANA IN A CHEAP MOTEL ROOM MINUTES AWAY FROM GEORGE BUSH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT




My fifty dollar motel room on FM 1960, just minutes from George Bush International Airport in Houston, is pristine, actually brand new.

The owners, from India, have the surname "Patel," but, when I asked them if they knew P.K. Patel from Brownsville, both mother and daughter said "we don't know anyone in Brownsville."

Ana wouldn't like the fact that I walked to a Circle K and bought a quart of King Cobra Malt Liquor, but it will be out of my system by the time her flight arrives from LAX at 1:56 AM.

  
Ana Adiong Barton
Houston is Cebu on steroids.  This Farm to Market Road 1960 in front of my motel has more traffic than I-69 in El Valle.  Venture to walk along the bike/turn lane and the damn SUVs will flatten you!  It's all pedal to the metal here in H-town!

On my trip to secure malt liquor, I encountered no less than 4 Ezekiel Elliot look-a-likes, one in cowboy boots, but all with pulled out Afros and even one nose ring.  Go Cowboys!

Houston, a municipality, as geographically large as a small state, has beauty, but choking, crazed traffic subtracts mightily from quality of life.

The city craves workers.  A  Dairy Queen advertised jobs "starting at $13 per hour" and the Aldine Independent School District wants bus drivers at $16 per.

But Ezekiel Elliot just got $90,000,000 from Jerry Jones and we can watch him join the Boys on September 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment