Thursday, July 18, 2019

DID ANA PASS HER MEDICAL? MAYOR MENDEZ JOINS SUNDAY'S PODCAST

Fiancee Ana Adiong with Judy Ann
Pasquiao Amen from Bukidnon
Admittedly, my life is on hold, waiting for yet another reinvention.  

Blogging holds no interest as I'm focused on only one thing; fiancΓ©e Ana Adiong.

Ana woke me up with a videocall this morning, jubilantly announcing "I'm home!"  

Before I could figure out whether it was day or night, she was gone, so I posted something on her FB page:  

"I'm so happy Ana you're back home after that strenuous medical exam in Manila. . . It was a nervous, tense time for you, but you passed wonderfully. In your videocall this morning, you were the woman I fell in love with, joking, rattling off your tale of "peeing in the cup three times" before getting it right, laughing, talking rapidfire. .What a storyteller you are!! I remember almost every detail of November 2018, how you made something ordinary, like going to the supermarket, seem like an adventure, your playfulness and thoughtfulness, but, most of all, your laugh. I'm totally in love with you baby!"

Ana ran into Judy Ann, the young woman in the picture above, at the Saint Luke's Hospital Extension Clinic in Manila, both going through an extensive medical check in anticipation of traveling to the United States.  Like Ana, Judy is from the province of Bukidnon, a picturesque area of rolling hills and fields of corn, rice and horses.

"You think I'm a city girl," Ana once told me.

"I'm not.  I can plant and harvest a crop or work on a farm all day.  I can ride a horse to full gallop in three or four seconds."

Mayor Trey Mendez
OK, so, with this immigration thing on my mind, I will stumble into Angelita's Casa de CafΓ© on Sunday for the Whine with Cheez podcast at 1:30 PM featuring Mayor Trey Mendez.  Yes, I will seem distracted, preoccupied, my mind obviously elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Trump's policies and racism have caused so many delays. Love should have no borders.

    ReplyDelete