Tuesday, June 25, 2019

UPDATE: PETITION FOR ALIEN FIANCEE VISA TENTATIVELY APPROVED, SENT TO MANILA

Ana Adiong
Typically, fiancee Ana is in a jovial mood, making up some faux drama to startle or unnerve me, then quickly putting me out of my misery with her unique phrase "I was just joking on you," covering her mouth in embarrassment, laughing hysterically.

The teasing is not mean-spirited and is most welcome.  After all, I'm a joker too.

Yet, today brought more nervousness than laughter.

Waking up late, I read an email from the National Visa Center acknowledging they'd received my I-129f from the United States Citizen and Immigration Services(USCIS) and were now forwarding it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Manila, Philippines.  That, of course, is just tentative approval and the process is far from over.

Ana will need to file a DS-160 form online, then get an appointment for a medical checkup at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic in Manila, taking the results to her interview at the U.S. Embassy along with a stack of documents I'm sending.

After forwarding a copy of the NVC letter to Ana's email, I waited until 6:00 AM Philippines time to text:  "Ana, do you ever check your email?"

Just as I expected, within 10 seconds my Facebook Messenger was ringing for a videocall, but Ana's facial expression was not the sheer euphoria anticipated, but instead, a serious, worried look.

"Yes, I read it," Ana stated.

"But, what do I do next?"

That was more of a rhetorical question as she knows and has known "what to do," but now is confronted with the reality of doing it.

I have work to do as well.  After reworking an affidavit, triple-checking everything, I need to send a file folder full of documents to Cagayan de Oro.(Federal Express charges $120 to send the folder, while DHL in Harlingen's rate is $87.)

There are no guarantees with this process, but if it fails, it's on me.


4 comments:

  1. You should be on the tv show 90 day fiancΓ©. Might as well make some money .

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Trump loses the election he will whine and stamp his feet, right up until inauguration day. As soon as the next president is sworn in Trump will be on a chartered jet to Moscow, claiming that he is forced to flee the country because everyone is against him and life is unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backstabbers don't matter. They can't take your girl unless she's willing to go. And if she's willing to go, she needs to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter on Friday said a full investigation into the 2016 presidential election would reveal President Donald Trump “didn’t actually win.”

    “He lost the election and was put into office because the Russians interfered on his behalf,” he said during a panel event hosted by The Carter Center.

    When asked whether he believes Trump is an illegitimate president, Carter suggested that he does.
    “Based on what I just said, which I can’t retract,” he said to laughter and applause.

    ReplyDelete