Saturday, April 20, 2019

BOBBY SHOCKS CITY ANNOUNCING BROWNSVILLE VOICE PLANS TO ACCEPT ADVERTISING


Bobby Wightman-Cervantes
Bobby Wightman-Cervantes, our city's self-described "unbought" blogger, caught me by surprise recently when he suggested in a blog comment that I start taking ads on my blog to "supplement my income."

A few days later, on April 14, Mr. Wightman again raised the issue of my blog, the Brownsville Observer, opening itself up to local advertisers.  Here is Wightman's blog comment about the Brownsville Observer, which also contains some constructive criticism:

"With the exception of the moderating I am extremely happy with his blog and how it is making Brownsville more informed. I wish him the best in getting valid ads. Honest lawyers might consider taking an ad."

Again, while I appreciated Mr. Wightman's concern for my financial well-being and his best wishes on "getting valid ads," I admit to being a bit puzzled as to the rationale for his concern about the ad policy on my blog.(Bobby's gentle criticism about "moderating" has to do with the Whine with Cheez podcast live streamed each Sunday.  Actually, Erasmo Castro moderates that podcast and it reflects his style. My only role is to prepare 3 or 4 questions and, if Erasmo has time to work them in, he does so.)


Bobby's sudden  interest in my blog's ad policy became clear today when the blogger announced HIS new policy of accepting advertisements from "lawyers and them maybe other businesses."

Wightman set a few conditions for those he will allow to advertise on the BROWNSVILLE VOICE:

"Here is the deal - the fee is $250 a month for an ad you submit. It cannot be demeaning to the profession. Brownsville has a lot of good lawyers. They will be permanently placed on the right side. First come first served."

Wightman also makes a firm rule, but then says he might change his mind later:

"As a lawyer, if you run for office, the ad will have to stop. . . . . . Hence no ads for lawyers who run for public office. I may eventually try it. If I do there will be no third party payments."

Up to this point in Wightman's article, he's only mentioned allowing ads for lawyers and possibly later on, businessmen, but now Bobby illustrates how "candidates" could benefit by advertising on his blog:

"From my perspective I think I can actually help the candidates, even those opposing each other, if they are running ads because they will keep an open door with me and I can give them my honest opinion about matters. By allowing me to challenge them while they run ads, tells the voters they are transparent and open to discussion. Not a bad thing for the record."

Let's sort this out.  Wightman will allow ads from lawyers, as long as they are not candidates, although that might change later.  

Someday soon, Wightman may take ads from businessmen.

Candidates will benefit running ads with Wightman because of his "open door" policy, but those candidates should have a profession other than that of attorney.

Mr. Wightman also explains why, after all these years of blogging, he's just now deciding to accept advertising:


"My roll top desk is about 17 years old, my computer is about maybe 8 years old, and my printer is brand new.

The money will help fund my work. Financially I am getting back on my feet. I just got a project which will pay all May bills. I lost a lot of work time this year. Thank god for gay divorces. They are really no different than any other divorce but the lawyers do not see it, so they are paying me to handle everything. There is absolutely no difference between a gay and straight divorce. The issues which can come up are identical. I know a troll who knows nothing about the reality of straight divorces will claim differences, but there are none."


Bobby expects his advertising program to be a success:

"If just one lawyer takes an ad, I think it will expand. I will not cover their cases unless it is a high profile case and they will be treated just like opposing counsel."

7 comments:

  1. What a dork! Jajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn’t he always said blog readership is so low? If it’s so low, baboso, why would any lawyer or anyone else fork over $250 per month for blog advertising ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just another one his tests. He wants to see who will take his bait and trash them or say see it turned out exactly as the blimp predicted in his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I was thinking too. He’ll say he’s still unbought even with ads. Now that you took his bait, he’ll probably go on a tirade against you.

      Delete
  4. You know Jim being nice to you is not possible. You just out right lie left and right in this post. You simply choose to make it appear I need new equiptment when I made no such statement. I clearly stated these are my assets for tax purposes and I would claim a DBA so the county appraisal district can tax me. Do you really believe your readers cannot understand the difference between being up front about paying taxes and me trying to suggest I need new euiptment. My rolltop is worth over 10K. It is solid Oak. My hardrive is portable and new. The computer is just a processor. As to comments, you just pull this shit out of your ass. It has nothing to do with the pod cast. It has to do you with being do desperate for comments you encourage the lying deceiving trolls. The BV does not need those comments for readers. Even Jerry and Duardo gets that issue. You do not. Further my post makes clear I am doing fine financially. I just decided after so many lawyers asking me about ads, I needed to reconsider my approach but set out clear rules.

    God Jim, does the truth even matter to you. We all know your problem. You are hiding it from no one. You hate Rick Longoria and I am telling the truth about Nurith. Grow a pair Jim and learn to be a man. You cannot stand I speak the truth about Nurith and have to attack whenever any speaks ill of the candidate you support.You are so blinded by your hatred for Rick you cannot see just how bad Nurith is for Brownsville.

    Every time I try an be nice you have to go on an attack with lies and deception. What the hell is wrong with you?

    It is funny how you moderated out my comments which were not troll comments but did not celebrate Nurith, but now raise them while you continue to post the worthless troll comments. Your standards are non existent and soon enough Ana will see you are not want she wants. She cannot be that stupid.

    Bobby Wc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit up blimp. The reason Jim call your bullshit is because of no scared cows matter to him, idiot. Just because you are nice so he leaves you alone and get a free pass on your rants... you are an idiot, no sacred cows... you heffer’

      Delete
    2. He should ask Goodyear to buy an Ad. Get it? LOL

      Delete