Tuesday, November 20, 2018

BROWNSVILLE OBSERVER'S DEPARTURE FROM BUGO DELAYED BY TROPICAL DEPRESSION SAMUEL

Ana at the "Last Supper"
While the day started off as a frolicking walk through the Del Monte banana/papaya orchards, crossing the newly constructed diversion road between two Philippine cities, things turned somber as Ana realized I was taking the 11:59 PM boat to Cebu.

"I don't want you to go!" Ana kept saying with tears streaking down her face.

Ana had mistakenly thought my boat would leave 11/28, not 11/20 and was not taking it well.

Finally, around 5 PM, Ana gathered herself.

"I'm taking you to the best BBQ restaurant in Cagayan de Oro, then to the boat," she said.

"And, I'm not crying any more!"


 Just before the picture was taken above, things changed dramatically.  We got an alert from 2GoTravel that, due to  tropical depression Samuel, my mode of transportation was stuck in Cebu waiting clearance to set out for CDO.

Ana now seemed to be on some sort of laughing gas as the dinner mood turned from somber to total happiness.


So, another night and now a day in Bugo, but still no word from 2GoTravel about the boat's status.  

In Bugo, I accompanied a group of neighbors to help bury an elderly lady's dog.  Jokingly, I was handed the shovel by a neighbor man who actually did the digging.  Good thing I didn't venture deeper into the wooded area as a young boy told me a poisonous snake was "in that brush."

No comments:

Post a Comment