Monday, November 26, 2018

BROWNSVILLE OBSERVER GOES TO THE POOL, WAITS FOR ANA

Charlie, Powerful Swimmer in Cebu
It was difficult not to notice the swimmer two lanes over in the Olympic size pool at the Holiday Spa Hotel in Cebu.  

Charlie, 48, from Manila, not an Olympic swimmer as I suspected, swam several laps, always kicking out for the next with precision.

"No, I was never in the Olympics or a college swimmer," he explained.  

"Yes, I was in a swimming club.  I swim to overcome my 30 year habit with cigarettes and to keep in shape till the time my 4 year old daughter brings boyfriends to our house," Charlie continued.

Comfortable Rattan Chaise Lounges
I did my usual, swimming underwater for a half lap, then switching to a backstroke to complete the lap in respectable, but not near record time.

Meanwhile, I'm awaiting Ana's arrival tomorrow morning.  She's already on a ship from Cagayan de Oro headed for Cebu.  

Ana won't be coming home with me as some in Brownsville suspect.  Securing a K-1 Visa is more complicated than that, especially in the Trump era.

It may take a year, but we will pay the fees, cross the bureaucratic t's, dot the i's and see what happens.

Ana, educated, skilled and delightful is worth it.   


No comments:

Post a Comment