Sunday, August 19, 2018

YOUNG CARLOS RIOS NOT DETERRED BY TSC ELECTION LOSS, DWI, ANNOUNCES FOR BISD

Carlos Agustin Rios

Carlos Rios, 24, the young man who was a third place finisher in the May 5 primary election for TSC Board of Trustees, Place 6, but then arrested for a DWI in the FM 802 Whataburger parking lot May 17, has renewed his political career.

This time young Rios has declared his candidacy for a yet-to-be-determined slot in the BISD Trustees race.  Candidates have until 5:30 PM Monday to decide  the trustee position for which they are filing.

Notice Rios' statement today on Facebook: 

"BISD elections are next. I want to officially announce that I am running. There is plenty of work to do and I will not give up. I am running around my neighborhood about 3 miles a day. I feel great!

Best of luck to all the candidates and may our students be the ones who win!"

In an earlier Facebook post, Rios sort of hinted at his recent legal troubles, which apparently included a "Failure to Appear" charge for missing his May 30  court hearing on his DWI arrest.

Here is Rios' June 7 statement concerning his "hardships: 


"This memory reminds me of recent hardships. I have been stomped on while being down. Yes, these past weeks have been rough I must admit.

Yet as a warrior of God I will continue to run and fight through His strength.

As I mentioned prior, I am not done serving my community. Elected or not, I will strive for the prosperity of our people.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who has reached out to me and defended my character reminding me that I am not alone.

God has a plan and I am His soldier. I am blessed to have the family, friends and fellow citizens who believe in me; who believe the talents God has given me will be used in His will and for our community.

As we all know, it is not about how hard you fall. It is about how you pick yourself back up. This is me proclaiming that I am standing. Standing up not only for myself or my family but for everyone who believes in my leadership.

Friends, we have plenty of work to do. Let us continue."

1 comment:

  1. He is not playing with a full deck! A bad role model for our students!

    ReplyDelete