Saturday, July 28, 2018

DIAMONDS AND RUST BY JOAN BAEZ

Folk singer Joan Baez blew me away at the Seattle World's Fair in 1964.  Up until then, my musical exposure had been the Christy Minstrels and the Four Freshman.  

Some of my friends took up the guitar, but I knew better as my failure with and hatred for the violin helped me keep my senses.

So, from my interest in Joan, I was exposed to Dylan, her boyfriend at the time, the subject of the song below, "Diamonds and Rust."

When I first met Nena in 1966, I noted a resemblance to Baez in looks and sassiness.







2 comments:

  1. I'm extremely pleased to uncover this site. I wanted
    to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!!
    I definitely loved every little bit of it and i also have you saved to
    fav to see new stuff in your web site.

    ReplyDelete