Sunday, October 8, 2017

PUNK ROCK GROUP, THE HORMONES, FALL ON HARD TIMES, AGAIN!


by Diego Lee Rot


Tim Stegall at Kraken Lounge Last June
Days after aging Tim Stegall and his punk rock band, The Hormones, played Brownsville's Kraken Lounge to a smattering of fans, the group set up a GoFundMe account on Facebook to finance their next album.

Contributors of $15, $20, $25, $30 and $35 were to receive various packages of 45's, stickers, t-shirts, a badge and a CD as well as some "premium" packages and for $1,500, The Hormones offered to play in your home.

We're not sure how the new album worked out, although we've been checking for its appearance every month or so, but now The Hormones have a new problem and a new appeal for monetary help.  We reproduce this from the group's FB page:



"Hi, I'm Tim Stegall, a music journalist and punk rock musician in Austin, TX. Back in January, I hosted a successful GoFundMe campaign to save musical equipment of mine I had pawned to help a friend in trouble. Most of my equipment has ended up back in that same pawn shop, for similar reasons, as well as to pay bills of my own.

Among the items currently in pawn are my 1987 Gibson Les Paul Junior, which has been main guitar for many years, pictured below .

Also needing recovery are my 2016 Gibson Limited Edition Firebird we recovered last time, and my 2016 Fender Supersonic combo amp that is my main stage and recording rig. Both are still being paid for.
September 12th is my 52nd birthday. Normally, I post a wish list at Amazon for those who would want to send a gift. In lieu of gifts this year, I'm asking that you help recover my equipment. Please give whatever you can. We raised $1500 in one week last time. We can do that again. 
Thank you,
Tim Stegall"

From Diego:  OMG.  They pawned their instruments!  How are they going to make an album now?


23667280_1504731486.9361_funddescription
23667280_1504731787.205_funddescription.
23667280_1504731816.1561_funddescription

No comments:

Post a Comment