Saturday, June 13, 2015

Newcomer Spends Election Day Along Paredes Line Road Near Wendy's

Under threatening Election Day skies, a visitor from Dallas stood stoically, proudly, almost defiantly, just off Paredes Line Road, near Wendy's Hamburgers.  Dressed in a blue bedsheet, perfectly tailored at the shoulders, with an upside down,  blue-handled serving spoon attached chest-high, the man appeared as if an extra in Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments.  He looked incredibly Biblical.

"Hi.  I'm Jim.  May I ask your name?" I said, introducing myself.

"I'm Carl," was the softspoken response.

"Well, Carl.  I'm intrigued by your outfit.  Are you portraying Moses or some Biblical character?" I asked.

"Oh, no."

Well, where are you from, Carl?  I asked.

"Dallas."

What made you come to Brownsville? 

"I came with some friends."

"How do you like Brownsville?  I know it's hot."

"It was hot in Dallas, too.  I try to dress for the heat."  


"By the way, Carl, what is the purpose or the meaning of the spoon?" I asked.

"It's just for decoration," Carl replied.

When I got back to the car, my son said:  "That's the same man that was naked along the Interstate a couple days ago.  Why don't you give him a couple dollars?  It's hard living on the street."

"Carl, I don't want to insult you, but, here's a little something for your needs," I stated before returning back to my air-conditioned vehicle.


10 comments:

  1. Gosh, I would have assumed he was some Muslim terrorist, akin to Saddam Hussein or someone like that.
    Dags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got some weirdos in Brownsville, beggars, con artist, trash dumpsters jumpers, elected officials lying, elected officials caught two timming girlfriends, adultorers, and on and on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mental Illness is a hell of a thing. Hope the good lord protects Carl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not new. he has been here for a while. his name is Keith and has a record.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith is his twin brothers name!

      Delete
  5. Yea like two years ago he was well-dressed for the heat. He had nothing on and was flashing his junk on the 69. Pretty impressive tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a few years back. actually more than a few, when i was a cop in mcallen we were getting alot of people coming from Illinois with no were to go. Some police department in Illinois was buying these people ine way tickets to a "quiet and warm place" during the harsh northern winter. that was so nice of them I thought. untill we had to pick them up gor traspassing, robbery, assault, exposure etc etc etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw Carl at walmart on boca chica today at 530pm. he was buying bananas, cocoa puffs and yogurt. I felt bad i was buying a 12 pack. he had what appeared to be car keys in his hand at the check out line. At least he was buying food not alcohol and rest assured he paid cash, no government assistance like all the free loaders from across.

    ReplyDelete
  8. exactly what is happening here. we should send them back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so i have a picture of his in his summer outfit, ie birthday suit walking along I69 by the old Sheraton in Brownsville

    ReplyDelete