Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thoughtful Thanksgiving Note/Donation Request Received from Congressman Filemon Vela



  • From the editor: Filemon Vela has a sharp, young staff. I'm certain they put out the Thanksgiving message without any thought as to how tacky, crass and insincere the message appears accompanied by a link to donate by credit card. Or is it just me?


    Jim
  • Before your Thanksgiving meal:‏

Filemon Vela (velaforcongress@gmail.com)
11:00 AM

Newsletters
To: rvpark645@hotmail.com

Picture of Filemon Vela
Congressman Vela


Jim,
Thanksgiving is a holiday that is especially meaningful for South Texas. Many of our communities were originally founded as ranching and farming towns, so giving grace for a bountiful crop and celebrating good health is a warm part of our heritage.
This Thanksgiving, I have so much to be grateful for. I am so thankful for my wonderful family and for having the honor of representing you in Congress. Your continued trust is something I cherish and I will reflect on at today's dinner.
Warmly,
Filemon

Contribute

4 comments:

  1. http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/742/742768931/742768931_201209_990.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon Fil some heads should roll

    ReplyDelete
  3. That web address, now that is a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete