Friday, November 8, 2013

Filemon Vela Announces Plans to Run for Re-election




Filemon & Rose Vela


Jim,

I want you to hear it from me first. I intend to run for re-election.

It has been an honor to represent you in Congress and I would like the opportunity to continue to serve you in Washington. I'm asking you to help me kick off my re-election campaign by renewing your support here.
I have spent the last year working hard for South Texas families. I am especially proud to have filed, with my colleague, RaΓΊl Grijalva, the first comprehensive immigration reform bill introduced in the House of Representatives during the 113th Congress, which provides a reasonable pathway to citizenship without unjustified border fencing or patrol measures.

Given that the value of U.S. trade with Mexico was $500 billion last year alone, I introduced a bill which would add additional Customs and Border Protection officers at our ports of entry to facilitate trade with Mexico and spur economic growth.

Along with my local and state counterparts, we have devised a legislative strategy that will hopefully result in Mexico's compliance with the Water Treaty of 1944 benefiting South Texas farmers and municipalities.

In cooperation with the United States Navy and as a result of the dedication of officials and stakeholders at the Port of Brownsville, the Navy recently announced that it will release three aircraft carriers - The Forrestal, The Constellation and The Saratoga - to ship recyclers at the Port of Brownsville. Hundreds of jobs in our community depend on supporting this industry.

Additionally, I have showcased South Texas to numerous Members of Congress, high-level Presidential appointees such as Federal Highway Administrator, Victor Mendez, and foreign dignitaries like Singapore Ambassador to the U.S., Ashok Kumar Mirpuri.

Hard work remains and I cannot do it without your support. Click here and tell me that "you're in" this with me. Let's continue to build South Texas and the country together!

Yours,

Filemon


DONATE

6 comments:

  1. LOSER. Fil, get a job, dude! LOL!!!

    Dags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not do something for the workers who risk their lives breaking up those ships so the owners can make a large profit? You can start with a living wage. How much did the owners contribute to your campaign?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer in headlights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I support him. Thank God, after 30 years of Solomon Ortiz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like him. Unlike the previous corrupt Democrats, who tried and failed to elect his opponent by paying politiqueras, Filemon has the right stuff. I'm happy for the new Democrats! Way to go. Enough of the old corruption and filth. Go Fil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pardon me while I puke.

    ReplyDelete