Thursday, June 13, 2024

𝗜 𝗠𝗨𝗖𝗛 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗧 𝗛.𝗘.𝗕.


Small shopping carts in the row at the left

I'm likely a minimalist, not in art or music, but in my domain.

I respect an economic use of space.

Even my blog articles are generally short and succinct.

If all of the small shopping carts are taken at H.E.B., I go back onto the lot to rescue one from a cart corral.

The huge cart that Howard E. Butt's heirs want you to fill up is too cavernous, too deep.  My few items would get lost in that bottomless pit!  They must think I'm a glutton, food addict or H.E.B. stockholder.

Also, when tiny houses first appeared over forty years ago, I fell in love with that concept: everything you need in 450 square feet or less.

We're currently living in a neighborhood with architecture I despise; complicated roof lines with odd angles, very nonsymmetrical, houses with bedrooms in another time zone.


One house, perhaps the most grotesque, has been "under construction" for over a decade, but still not finished.  

The original roof tiles and garage door panels now look old and weathered even though the house is still being built. 

In some ways that house represents everything I'm not.


No comments:

Post a Comment