Sunday, November 12, 2023

𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: "𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗜𝗡 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗦𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘?"



For my late breakfast, I fished out some beautiful squares of pork adobo out of the rice/slow cooker, where they'd been floating in gravy among the pineapple chunks and bay leaves.

Adobo, Folger's coffee and a small banana, more than enough sustenance for now.

Ana's booked me a Des Moines/Brownsville flight for the 17th, while she heads to Las Vegas for another nursing contract.  Depending on how she likes Vegas, we'll either meet back there or in central Iowa.

But it's been nine months since setting foot in our Brownsville apartment and I'm anticipating a trash-bag full of junk mail just inside the door as well as looking forward to seeing my son, daughter-in-law and two precocious grandsons.

Grandson Jack

I'm certainly open to conversation during my two hour layover at DFW, just as with those I met at Houston's IAH awhile back, the Vietnamese family pictured above, returning back to Ho Chi Min City for their mother's funeral, the family from United Arab Emirates in Houston to avail themselves of world class medical care for the wife's cancer and the soon-to-be married English teacher, sleeping nights at the airport while saving for an apartment.

We all share a relatively small planet and I view Seattle, Cagayan de Oro, Brownsville and Des Moines as my "home towns."

1 comment:

  1. Please contact me upon your return. Would love to host you for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗨𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗕𝗘 𝗢𝗡 𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝟰𝟳 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦

"Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth." Joseph  Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda for the Third Reich   Joseph Goebbe...