Saturday, September 2, 2023

ROUTINE WIN FOR ARKANSAS, BUT GUT-WRENCHING VICTORY FOR PRIME AND COLORADO

 


My afternoon schedule was set; games of American college football, two for which I had a rooting interest.

During my 29 years in Arkansas, I'd experienced the thunderous "calling of the hogs" by 76,000 in Razorback Stadium numerous times.

My most ear-splitting experience, though, was in the 80's, when a lightning storm forced the crowd into the corridors of War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.  

The fans exercized their ownly available option, "calling the hogs," and the sound was absolutely deafening!

But, today, Arkansas was playing Western Carolina, a team just happy to pick up a handsome check while taking an ass-whipping.

As expected, the game got out of hand early, so I'll watch the highlights later.


The Colorado-T.C.U. game more than piqued my interest, especially with Coach Prime at the helm.

My closest Little Rock friend, Keith Wine, introduced me to SWAC football decades ago, but, with Deion Sanders coaching Jackson State, following those games was a no-brainer.

Now, Prime is at Colorado, a team with a 1-11 record last year, losing games by a record setting average of 29.1 points.

Colorado fans must be estatic, happy, hopeful and thankful to whatever good lord they speak to in prayer as Colorado came away with a 45-42 win in a thriller against a team that played in the National Championship game last year.

Tonight, hundreds of thousands of gallons of Coors will feed into the Colorado River and eventually the Gulf of California.

It's a good time to be a Buffalo.

5 comments:

  1. You try, but you're writing is pedestrian. And you know nothing of structure or elements of a news story. You're offering information. Offer it like an adult, not like some shrimp boat unloader blogging only because his blog is free. Study those who do it well. You rip-off style & presentation. Rip off vocabulary. Yours is high schoolish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is beyond spiteful, especially coming from the lowlife humanoid who relentlessly vomited cruel attacks on my late wife Nena, then followed with juvenile asides toward Ana.

      Grow your ass up somehow, you worthless turd. Visit the McAllen Senior Center if you're bored with life, but stay out of my world. It's not my fault you were kicked to the curb by the plump nurse in Kyle. She moved on with her life and you need to do the same and find someone on your level, the depths of the human sewer.

      I''ve no time for your late life challenges.

      Delete
    2. Is this the Duardo guy Jim, living in his dead mama's house, wearing her nighties to bed? I wish you wouldn't publish his comments as it gives him an audience he's incapable of creating on his own.

      Delete
  2. Handsome man !!! Who is he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a game. I live for college football and basketball.

    ReplyDelete