Tuesday, September 19, 2023

𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞/𝗥𝗨𝗡 𝗔𝗧 𝗟𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗚𝗘𝗠𝗔

 


Ana and I went out about 7 AM this morning for a little nature walk near Lake Sugema, just a mile or two from our accommodations here in Keosauqua, Iowa.

Ana achieved her goal; a 3 mile run/walk, while I got in a 1.5 mile old man walk.

Just before I made my last turn back to the vehicle, my watch told me my "exercize ring" had been completed.  I had to yell "end workout" twice to my watch before it heard me clearly.

Lake Sugema is actually a state park with miles and miles of hiking trails.  Park officials are not going for the "golf course" look, but trim just the edges around forested areas or fields covered with wild flowers.

The fragrance of lilac was in the air as we walked and the 60 degree weather made that walk invigorating.  I actually wore a light jacket, the only jacket I own.

Once home, it's our normal breakfast; bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.  

The Mennonite store has beautiful bacon and rye bread with swirl markings on each slice.

Behind the store are several horse-drawn carriages in what I guess is the employee parking lot.  I swear we passed a Mennonite woman, though, on the way to work driving a car.

Religions make up silly rules and we choose to follow them or not.  If there actually is a God of the universe, I doubt seriously he's keeping score.


Ana working out




No comments:

Post a Comment