Monday, August 19, 2019

GOOD PUBLIC SERVICE BY MAGIC VALLEY, NOT-SO-GOOD BY COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE

I woke up hot, yes sweaty, quickly realizing my AC unit was off as was all electrical power.  

It's easy to find out what's going on in a Winter Texan park.  Just step outside and wait for the first golf cart to pass by.  

That cart was driven by Mary, who stopped to give me the straight scoop; vines had become entangled in the power lines and were being trimmed by the Magic Valley Electric Cooperative.  Power would soon be restored.

Next came Vern on a bicycle, giving me the exact same briefing to which I listened patiently as if hearing for the first time.

Not wanting to go back into my hot RV, I decided to pay the office of County Judge Eddie Trevino a visit to see if I could sign up for Public Comment for tomorrow's meeting of the County Commissioners Court. The receptionist kindly called down to the Cameron County Clerk's Office to make certain the forms were there.

"It's the room behind the elevator on the first floor," Eddie Trevino's staffer told me.

Stepping into Room 136, the office of County Clerk, the lady at the front desk asked:  "How can I help you?"


County Judge Eddie Trevino, Jr.,  
County Clerk Sylvia Garza-Perez

Stating that I was there to sign up for Public Comment, the lady explained the routine:  "Copies of the agenda and the Public Comment Forms will be at the courtroom tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM.  It's on a first come, first serve basis."

"Aren't I one of the first to come?" I asked.

I explained that the City Secretary's office allows day-before signing up for Public Comment, but to no avail.

"They will be available at 8:30 AM," she repeated.

"Have a good day!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗨𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗕𝗘 𝗢𝗡 𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝟰𝟳 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦

"Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth." Joseph  Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda for the Third Reich   Joseph Goebbe...