Saturday, August 17, 2019

BLOGGER'S FIRST SCRAPE WITH THE LAW AT 16

On my sixteenth birthday, after a visit to the Washington State Patrol for my driver's license, I pointed my '59 VW due North for the Canadian border at Bellingham with the intention of not stopping till I'd crossed British Columbia.

On my way to Penticton from Vancouver, I was stopped by a member of the Royal Canadian Police, who asked for my license.

"James, do you have thirty dollars you just don't know what to do with?" the officer asked.

"No sir," I replied.

"Then, I suggest you abide by our speed laws," stated the lawman, handing my brand new license back.

So shaken that I'd nearly been ticketed on my first day of legal driving, I headed back to Seattle, parking my bug in the gravel next to the driveway, sharing my experience with no one.

6 comments:

  1. So you share it here, 50-plus years later? smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlike you I'm not a trolling or spamming blogger dependent on Daddy Jerry for relevance. I do my own thing without a highchair or pacifier from a mentor.

      Delete
    2. I was going to suggest you take a Greyhound to Hell, but then I realized you're already there(McAllen).

      Delete
    3. He's a dumbass, Jim, a dumbass without bus fare.

      Delete
  2. Between Trump and Obama, there is just no question that Obama exhibited more Christian behavior. I don’t think that phenomenon is exclusive to me. George W. Bush’s polling has gone way up since Trump. And I think it’s the same effect. I’ve heard people say that, looking back on Bush, they disagree with so much that he did, but they realize at least he thought he was doing the right thing. Which is a hell of a lot better than being happy to do the wrong thing. I have to say it: Trump has made me like Obama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump has made you half black???

      Delete

𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗨𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗕𝗘 𝗢𝗡 𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝟰𝟳 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦

"Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth." Joseph  Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda for the Third Reich   Joseph Goebbe...