Tuesday, August 14, 2018

PRETENDING TO BE CARLOS CASCOS DEALING WITH "THAT" QUESTION



From the editor:  Communication, the so-called "meeting of the minds," one mind knowing exactly what's on the mind of another, satisfying that other mind, but, also conveying accurately what one is really thinking, evidently does not fit politics.

I could never be a politician.

If you don't know what I'm really thinking, I haven't expressed myself well or clearly enough.

Oh, politicians, talk, spin, explain, convince, persuade and, even energize, but seldom address the single most important question in the minds of listeners.

OK, a real life example of a question that may still be on the minds of many:


To Carlos Cascos:  "Why did you vacate the county judge position in 2014, shortly after we elected you to office?  How do we know you won't bolt once again?"

Let me answer, as if I were Cascos:  "Had I been approached by Governor Abbott earlier, I would not have run for county judge in 2014.  It's that simple.  So, the timing was certainly awkward, unfortunate to say the least.

Although, I believed I was leaving the county in good, steady hands with Pete Sepulveda, I felt at the time that I was being given an opportunity to do things for Cameron County at the state level that needed to be done.  To be totally candid, other opportunities, beyond Secretary of State were also being dangled, and, most public servants want to go as far as their skills permit.

In retrospect, although I cherish my experiences as Secretary of State, and my work in the Abbott administration, I have unfinished business here in Cameron County.

Will I leave again?  In a word, "no!"  I'm 65.  My kids are grown.   I took my shot, but I'm here for good.

We have so many challenges here in the county.  If the LNG plants do come, they must do no harm to our precious eco-system and tourism.  Of course, if they fail to meet air quality standards, we don't want them here.

Since it appears the next decade will be a time of growth for Cameron County, we want to make certain infrastructure keeps up with that growth."

Just a note:  Subsequent articles will deal with hard questions and possible answers for Tad Hasse, Tony Martinez and Cesar De Leon. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That was very on point for someone who didn’t say anything at all. Carlos Cascos left because he was above us. He should not be allowed back the same way Abbot won’t have him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sarcasm from Jim. Not serious shit at all.

      Delete
    2. Abbott (two t’s dumbass) didn’t ask or want him to leave and has endorsed him again.

      The little fudge pudge writing these lies just hates the fact Cascos called him polarizing and then “The NoMan” (sic) whined about it for years to anybody who would listen. Cascos has done more in a month than that deranged teletubby-figured altar boy wannabe ever will in his whole life. The perennial loser prays at every Mass that others fail or suffer tragedy to feel better about his inadequacies.

      To the bitchy little gadfly: He’s earned his success through hard work and integrity and not leeching off his spouse unlike you, and you’re still bitter you could never become a member of his “inner circle” like you whined about wanting to be for years. The fact that the “inner circle” you wanna enter is more likely an orifice and not his social one is because your homophobia and long suffering marital beard just isn’t fooling anybody.

      Delete
  2. Is this Nancy Reagan’s blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY, JIM, HAVE YOU BEEN GIVEN CASCOS’s NOTES PUTO?!!!! YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL MAMON!!!! ARE YOU RELATED TO NASTRADAMUS OJETE??

    LA SOMBRA DE MACLIVIO O’MALLEY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it Jim! Carlos Cascos woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Let me answer, as if I were Cascos: ‘Had I been approached by Governor Abbott earlier, I would not have run for county judge in 2014. It's that simple. So, the timing was certainly awkward, unfortunate to say the least.”

    Cascos would not have filed for a third term had he been offered the Secretary of State job prior to the December 9, 2013 filing deadline? I don’t think that would be legal or ethical for a Candidate Abbott, who was at the time the chief legal officer of Texas, to promise another person a job/position in government.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CARLOS CASCO FOR COUNTY JUDGE!!!!! WE NEED THE RAT OUT AND CASCOS BACK IN!

    ReplyDelete