Thursday, April 18, 2024

𝗘𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗘 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗜𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗛𝗜𝗧 𝗝𝗢𝗕 𝗕𝗬 "𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥-𝗙𝗢𝗥-𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗘" 𝗝𝗨𝗔𝗡 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗬𝗔

From the editor:  Eddie Garcia, currently facing a runoff with 35-year incumbent Tony Yzaguirre for Cameron County Tax Assessor/Collector, wants to correct some misinformation published by local blogger-for-hire Juan Montoya, publisher of "El Rrun Rrun."

Montoya claims that Garcia was opposed to the construction of the Southmost Tax Assessor/Collector's Office, that he's leaving BISD with a $20M deficit and that Garcia lacked the mental quickness to respond to criticism from Cameron County Commissioner Sofia Benavides.

We allow Mr. Garcia to defend himself from the accusations in Montoya's hit job with his own words published below:


Eddie Garcia, Candidate for Cameron County Tax Assessor/Collector

"I want to address a misleading blog post and video clip that has been circulating.  The author, a paid blogger, has taken my comments out of context and omitted crucial information regarding the Southmost Tax Assessor Collector's Office.

To clarify, I have never stated that I'm against having offices in different parts of the county.  In fact, I believe these offices are essential for providing services to our taxpayers.  My commitment is to deliver exceptional integrity and service to our community, exceeding expectations because Cameron County deserves nothing less.

I have consistently emphasized the importance of being fiscally responsible, not wasting money. My focus is on enhancing the quality of service, not concentrating on a single office.

Regarding the BISD deficit, it is true that the district faces a $20 million shortfallm a result of the state's failure to release school funding.  Consolidating schools is a necessary step to ensure fiscal responsibility and provide better services to our students.  


The blog also claims that I was unprepared to respond to Commissioner Benavides which is inaccurate.  I politely raised my hand to ask the moderator if I could respond to her comment and was told it was not a debate.  

My response, "I'm NOT running for commissioner," was a lighthearted way to acknowledge the format of the forum.

Finally, I was one of two BISD representatives invited to the ribbon-cutting ceremony and I'm proud to say that BISD donated the property to the county.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly at (956) 407-9782 or visit my website at eddiegarcia4tac.com

Thank you for your support."


Eddie Garcia

4 comments:

  1. No serious person takes blogs seriously. Blogs, including this one, are the funny papers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading for amusement is still reading. The pageviews are much appreciated.

      Delete
    2. anonymous @12:33PM might be serious, but he or she is cowardly

      Delete
  2. Candidates using the blogs to facilitate their campaign wars begets blog wars. People take blogs way too seriously. I don’t believe 99% of what’s in the blogs. The blogs are mouthpieces for the puppet masters and sock puppets.

    ReplyDelete