Friday, March 1, 2024

𝙔𝙚𝙨, 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖~ 𝘽𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙫𝙨 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙢𝙥 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨!




At 75+ I'm in rarefied air, not waters uncharted, but just older than most I see in line at H.E.B.

If covering Brownsville politics is the mission of a "blog," I've lost interest.  Juan Montoya, will, of course, continue to promote the whims of his advertisers and Jerry McHale will persevere posting pics with headlines that ask pertinent questions, but I've lost interest in all this.

I don't think Brownsville or Cameron County politics matter much.

With one presidential candidate vying for the nation's highest office merely to stay out of jail, punish his detractors and isolate our country from the world stage, blocking that threat to our democracy is one million times more important than who "serves" as justice of the peace at the tip of Texas.

The current incumbent in the oval office, a decrepit old man of 81, has somehow gotten our nation's economy soaring, while keeping inflation at 2.4% and creating jobs for 36 straight months, a streak unmatched by any president in U.S. history.  Just last month, over 350,000 jobs were created.

Biden, despite the rumors, has actually been a very good president, but just can't sell himself to the general public with his stuttering, unsteady, elderly ways.(In my lifetime only John Kennedy and Barack Obama excelled in communicating their philosophy of government. Reagan could talk, yes, but we're still paying as a country for his blunders.)

History will likely honor Biden while repudiating Trump, but that report won't come soon enough for many of us.  All of us just have to put our thinking caps on now and pull the lever accordingly or is it "darken the ovals?"

My personal view is that the actual most qualified American isn't running for the office; Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. (One of my closest friends, Daniel Lenz, will totally disagree, but "oh well.")

In my view, Buttigieg is one of the few shining stars on the horizon articulate and confident enough to lead this country.  Hell, he even went on Fox "News" and easily won over those partisan purveyors of rightwing propanda.

It's not a realistic thought as our country seems to be moving away from inclusivity and certainly electing a gay man President won't happen anytime soon.  

The Republican side currently doesn't seem to have much to offer.  Please don't bring up pervert Gaetz or mentally-challenged Marjorie Taylor Greene or Lauren Boebert.

Romney speaks with a certain acquired eloquence, but his days are over too.

Is there anyone on the Republican side to match Pete Buttigieg? 

Meanwhile, our town is flooded with campaign signs of people who don't matter as nothing done or said by Sally, Sofia, Eddie or Abel will have any actual effect on our lives.

The only thing that really matters is keeping a narcissistic fascist out of the nation's highest office.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog matters. Keep us informed about the politicians actions. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Pete can win, although your reasoning why he cannot is well founded. No one believed Obama could win as a black man, but he did. The conventions may seem like they are around the corner, but a lot can happen. I think this is the only reason Halley stays in the race. Both sides could end up with new faces because of bad circumstances.

    Only Pete and no one else can go into every Red state in the south and stand on a bridge that desperately needed repair and say, "my signature on the check is what that paid for this bridge, and I did what was right, and not based on your politics.

    Halley in the end is too wishy-washy.

    Pete can go to our world leaders and repair the damage, while speaking to many of them in their language.

    Pete can stand before the American people and say, "judge me based on the content of my character on not, on my family life, which in fact is based on love and nothing more."

    Democrat and Republican leaders have long ago given up on Dr. King's dream and only believe in meaningless labels.

    People will say, "I'm shocked Bobby is endorsing a gay person." Well, they do not know me. i was one of the most outspoken people in Dallas against what started as the Dallas Gay Alliance. They hated lesbians, they had no use for minorities. I like so many others protested against them over and over again and won. I take a lot of pride in the fact the self-anointed leaders hated me. I judged them based on the content of their character and not being gay. I would vote for a straight white male any day over anyone who is of low character. Go Pete. if something happens that Biden cannot continue the run, my wallet will open big time for Pete.

    ReplyDelete