Tuesday, November 28, 2023

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐒 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒


Carlos Cascos

Let me say, I do not support school vouchers.

Having taxpayers fund anything other than public schools is just wrong, in my opinion. Private schools, charter schools and even home schooling are choices parents can make. 

As a side note, these other educational avenues are not required to comply with open meetings, televised meetings, agenda postings etc., meaning, where's the monitoring, accountability and transparency.  

I chose to pay for my daughters' private schools from Pre-K through high school, private catholic schools, while at the same time paying ISD property taxes.  It was my choice. 

Why is voucher legislation, investing in education and teacher compensation tied together? They should all be stand alone issues and should be introduced, debated upon, voted separately and not as a package. They all merit debate, but should not be a quid quo pro scenario.


3 comments:

  1. Not everyone can afford paying private school plus BISD taxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then kids will have to go to public school :)

      Delete