Saturday, April 1, 2023

OLD BLOGGER FOOLED AGAIN BY SEASONAL JOKE AT JESSICA TETREAU MEET & GREET

5563 Whisperwind Way, Brownsville, TX

 

“There’s no fool like an old fool,” I told myself as I drove back home from the spacious home of the Barraza family at 5563 Whisperwind Way in Brownsville.

Jerry Danache

Jerry Danache, prominent Matamoros attorney and political savant, intercepted me as I wandered beneath the overhead canope covering a couple dozen metal chairs.

"Is Jessica here?" I asked, referring to mayoral candidate Jessica Tetreau, the "host" of this political "meet and greet" at the Barrara home scheduled for 5:00-7:00 PM.

"She'll be here at 6:00 PM," Danache explained.

"Grab yourself a drink and get some food.  They've made enough food for 200 people, all volunteer.  Jessica hasn't had to pay for  anything."

"Oh, I thought she might be out rustling cattle," I joked, referring to Tetreau's recent disclosure that her family had been in the cattle business locally for 200 years.  Maybe she just wanted to make a grand entrance.  

As I fumbled with my phone to call Ana and tell her I was on my way home, Danache filled me in on Tetreau's qualifications for the mayoral job.

"She's focused on creating new jobs for our community," he explained.

"This is what our community really needs.  Jessica has twelve years of service on the city commission.  She's made mistakes, but learned from those mistakes and is prepared to work hard for our city."

"This is historic, Jim," Danache added.

"That sounds like a good campaign theme," I responded, remembering the trumpet sound of Jessica's first campaign as a write-in.

I slipped out to my car and was home in 14 minutes, the exact time spent on my trip to the pachanga.

"What happened?" Ana asked.

"Jessica wasn't there," I explained.

Ana said something I didn't fully understand.

"Fool," I thought I heard.

Was she calling me a fool?

"Isn't it a Day of Fools or something?" Ana elaborated.

"Oh my god! April Fools Day!" I finally figured out.

"Shit!  I'm 75 years old and still being tricked my childish jokes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment