Friday, December 30, 2022

ANA AND I ARE BACK IN BROWNSVILLE

 

Jerry McHale
As Jerry McHale, pictured at left, the Blogfather of Brownsville blogging, mentioned on his blog the McHale Report, I've sort of resuscitated my old blog.

Ana and I spent the better part of a year on a traveling nurse detail in Iowa and, although I did a substantial amount of writing in another venue, nothing from that material would have fit in a blog called the Brownsville Observer.

It appears that, in the interim, the local blogosphere also lost the services of Bobby Wightman-Cervantes, though I've noticed Bobby still comments occasionally on local blogs.

Juan Montoya, a veritable news publishing machine, has not slowed down one iota with his El Rrun Rrun blog.  Of course, Juan's efforts are more than simply a hobby, as he's likely supporting himself and his family with substantial advertising revenue.

Like Jerry and Juan, I'm a grandfather and, at 75, my goal is to at least live long enough to see the lives of my grandsons Jack and Felix, as well as Ana's son Israel develop.


One option we've considered is splitting our time between Brownsville and Cagayan de Oro.  The home pictured above, 4 bedroom, 3 bath, built to strict typhon-proof standards using steel and concrete, is priced at $125,493.  It has granite flooring and mahogany wood ceilings.

Cagayan de Oro

Cagayan de Oro, is a dynamic city that has everything without the horrible traffic of Manila or Cebu.  Public transportation is always just a few steps away and incredibly cheap.  

1 comment:

  1. Jim it makes me happy you and Ana have found each other. Being an ex patriot is more common than you think. I have no sense of time any more so I have no idea since Ana got her papers. But if it is 5 years have her take the citizenship papers. My ex married an undocumented worker, and without an attorney got him divorced from the woman who abandoned him more than 20 years ago, did everything on his own to get the green card, and just was sworn in as a citizen. They will live in Mexico City and Dallas, but that U.S. passport is so important. His husband just got his passport. Go for it. If she can earn enough you will probably enjoy yourself in the Philippines - never too old for a new.
    adventure. My second home is not working out. I am not a double wide trailer person although it is on several acres surrounded by boulders - meaning lots of privacy. In April I am off to Cuenca Ecuador where a lot of U.S. Americans live, with a lot of of ex patriots U.S. doctors who take their Medicare which is cheaper than ours.. We should use our age for new and exciting adventures if we can. best wishes.

    Bobby WC

    ReplyDelete