Thursday, September 8, 2022

THE WORLD CAN RELAX! KING CHARLES IS IN CHARGE!

 

King Charles III

Many teary-eyed Britains are too choked up to talk to the roving CNN reporter putting a microphone in their face to ask how they feel about the passing of Queen Elizabeth.

"The world is in mourning," Jake Tapper tells us as he goes on to discuss the Queen's "leadership style," devotion and steadfastness.

Americans are not as smitten with the trappings of the monarchy with some of our forebears actually leaving England to escape its control and the burden of supporting it.

Last year England's taxpayers spent $117,000,000 supporting that institution.

But, with all due respect, monarchies are fake governance, propped up as symbolic rulers with only imaginary powers.

I was aware of Queen Elizabeth all my life as she was two years younger than my own mother who passed away at 96.  I can still picture my mom in the 50's garb of the queen and with a similar hair style.

My individual curse was to have the same birth year, 1948, as goofy Prince Charles, now King Charles III.

CNN tells us King Charles III inherits a world experiencing high inflation, the Ukraine-Russia War, global warming, etc., as if the newly-crowned King can do anything about it.

Actually, I'm tired of hearing about Charles; his unimpressive academics, his soccer failures, his love life, his overall awkwardness.

I'm embarrassed to be joined with him in birth year 1948, appropriately named by the Chinese the "Year of the Rat."

I'd have more respect for him if he just abdicated like King Edward VIII did in 1936 to marry his twice-divorced American sweetheart.


Her Majesty by the Beatles


Her Majesty is a pretty nice girlBut she doesn't have a lot to sayHer Majesty is a pretty nice girlBut she changes from day to day
I wanna tell her that I love her a lotBut I gotta get a belly full of wineHer Majesty is a pretty nice girlSomeday I'm gonna make her mine, oh yeahSomeday I'm gonna make her mine

2 comments:

  1. I really have no interest in blogging, but someone told me about this article and I thought you would like it. https://uk.news.yahoo.com/queen-elizabeths-death-republicans-sense-094718185.html Side note, for the second time I had to use Roto Router. Yesterday just before 5 the BPUB calls me and says I have a leak on my side of the line. My neighbor called it in claiming to have the leak. BPUB did not bother to knock on my door to say they were outside. Roto Router and I just took pictures of water flowing through a tunnel from my neighbor's box to mine. They can find no evidence of a leak. Charge - zero - They are such a great company. But my poor neighbor's box is filling with water.

    ReplyDelete