Friday, September 2, 2022

ARE YOU PASSING THE TIME WATCHING REACTION VIDEOS?


Reaction videos, that is the viewing of the music produced in a bygone era, but heard for the "first time" by kids who weren't alive when it was produced, surfaced as a boredom-fighting pastime during the pandemic.

I admit to perusing these sites, paying little attention to the critique following the playback of mostly the music of my generation.

Monetization is the obvious motivation for these YouTube videos and some of these young people have a substantial following.


Perhaps the phoniest of this new hoard of YouTubers is a woman who calls herself Virgin Rock, claims to be a classical musician, yet has never listened to a Beatles tune before.  That doesn't come off as credible.

Virgin annoyingly interrupts the Beatles' She's Leaving Home about five times during the song's opening lines.

"Oh, I think I hear a harp!," she exclaims.

"Yeah.  I think I hear a phony!" I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment