Thursday, November 11, 2021

HOW SNOBS RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US


Snobs take the enjoyment out of everything.

Wine snobs pontificate about proper storage room temperature, UV resistant doors and bottle wrapping.

Tuning them out, I enjoy my $6 merlot.

Craft beers were intriguing, but beer snobs take things too far; analyzing aroma, foam, flavored "notes," even "fruitiness" or, worse yet, "hints of fruitiness."

Poetic justice comes to our rescue.

Now, wine and beer snobs have to put up with coffee snobs.

A couple days ago, I mentioned on Facebook that I'd been drinking Folgers for 60 years, since I was 13.  

In seconds, a coffee aficionado came out of nowhere to lecture me on "good" coffee.



Mrs. Olson

The coffee variants are fine.  I've tried several.  One pecan flavored brew was a good change of pace, but I've returned to dadgum Mrs. Olson's Mountain Grown Folgers, thank you very much.

I'm fine with overthinking things.  I've done it all my life, but analysis ruins drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment