Friday, November 12, 2021

ERIN GAMEZ ANNOUNCES FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE, DISTRICT 38


 


The pandemic has changed our lives since I last spoke with many of you. Over the past year, we have all experienced loss. Loss of our way of life, loss of loved ones and friends, loss of normalcy.

My heart and prayers go out to all who have been affected by this pandemic. But, more than anything, we have learned to appreciate how precious this life is, the blessing of being able to come together, and the joy of unity.

I am coming to you again, still fortunate to call South Texas my home. Now, more than ever, I want to represent our community in Austin and become your first female State Representative in the lower RGV.

I have been told that the best strategy right now is to wait, to let the redistricting maps settle, and then announce my candidacy. However, after what transpired during this redistricting process and seeing how divisive politics can be, I firmly believe that this is not the time to sit on the sidelines.

We cannot spare another day.

Today, I am announcing that no matter where we land on these new redistricting lines, or which District we could fall in, I am compelled to roll up my sleeves and start working. I want you to know that I am here, ready to fight for you.

It does not matter if you live in Brownsville, Port Isabel, South Padre Island, Harlingen, or San Benito. If you live in the Rio Grande Valley, I urge you to stand with me against any and all efforts to diminish our voice in Austin.

We thrive together and I will fight for ALL of us. If we do not stand together, they will decide our fate for us.

I am asking for your support once again because we have faith; Faith in tomorrow and the power to change our destiny. Enough faith to know that even if these political maps change, our determination never will. The same faith my father taught me to always keep alive in the face of difficulty. The same faith I have today, announcing my candidacy, and the same faith I will have representing you in Austin.

So, today I say this: My name is Erin Elizabeth Gamez and I want to be your Texas State Representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment