Friday, July 23, 2021

HOW A WATCH CHANGED MY LIFE

 


I've not worn a watch consistently in several years, what with the "time" being as close as the phone in my pocket.  My last wrist timepiece "died" in the top drawer.

But, with Ana's last cell phone plan agreement, the Sprint operative, offered her an Apple watch.

"I already have an Apple watch," I heard Ana say, but then, she changed her mind.

"No.  Send it.  I'll give it to my husband."

So, my new life started.

With the touch of a finger, I could get a BPM reading or even an EKG.  

If I sat too long at my computer desk, my wrist phone would suggest I stand.

The watch noticed activity like walking, and, based on the temperature, knew whether to call the walk "indoor" or "outdoor."

It monitored how far I walked, my average blood pressure during the walk, how many calories were used and, of course, the distance.  

At the appropriate point I was told:  "You've walked one mile."

Brownsville weather is always available; the current temperature, wind velocity, air quality, UV index and forecast.

Just now I'm told my timer expired.  The pizza must be ready.

Gotta go.



No comments:

Post a Comment