Friday, August 30, 2019

OLD MAN'S SOON-TO-BE REINVENTED LIFE ON PUBLIC DISPLAY



The Dylan tune "Seven Days," sung above by Joe Cocker, has been playing in my brain for a month. It's about anticipation, waiting, longing, all the emotions I've been feeling of late while waiting for fiancΓ©e Ana Adiong to fly from Cebu to Hong Kong, then LAX, finally landing at Houston.


Fiancee Ana
I'm picking Ana up in Houston September 6, which may seem odd since there are flights from Houston to HRL and BRO, but I view the opportunity as 6 or 7 hours of decompression, debriefing and, that forgotten treasure, intimate conversation, something I've greatly missed since leaving the Philippines December 1, 2018.  I may even introduce her to Whataburger on the drive home.



In other news, Grandson Jack, after two years of unstructured, undisciplined homeschooling by his grandpa, is adjusting nicely to BISD.  As I told the Vice Principal, we don't care what grade they put him in, we just want him to fit in and be happy.  He needs to just be a kid is what I kept reading from the child psychologists.

Meanwhile, all my tires are at 35 PSI.  The motor oil is full.  The windshield washer tank contains Walmart's Summer Formula.

I'm ready to do this. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you and your new lady. Mean it sincerely.

    - DUARDO PAZ-MARTINEZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes to you and your fiancee Ana.

    As long as you are introducing her to Whataburger, you might also introduce her to Dr. Pepper. Great Combo.

    I believe "Little Man Jack" will do just fine in public school.

    ReplyDelete