Wednesday, April 24, 2019

POSTING A CRITIQUE FROM A NEW BROWNSVILLE BLOG, THE "BROWNSVILLE BEACON"

From the editor:  A new local blog, the
Brownsville Beacon
"Brownsville Beacon," published a critique of my blog posted below.  We have no disagreement with any of what the writer of 
https://brownsvillebeacon.blogspot.com/  says about us or our "offerings."


My life is obviously in flux, with Nena's death, my Asian trip and courtship of Ana Adiong, a decision to send Grandson Jack to public school this fall, plus the realization of being in my eighth decade of life.

Grandson Jack Conversing with Sandy
Stillman at Washington Park
Honestly, everyone looks like a kid to me now,  even hardboiled Pat Ahumada.  All of the current candidates, except for Pat and Tony, are younger than Diego Lee Rot, my only son.  What right do I have to scold or chastise someone else's kids?

When and if Ana makes it through the immigration process, I will reinvent myself once more, building on what I know and continue to learn about what makes me happy and fulfilled.

Ana Adiong
Ana studies Brownsville, has no desire to live elsewhere and has so far read five years of the nine published years of my blog.  Her "votes" in this election were slightly different from mine.(Actually, her observations changed my intended vote in one race.)

I've posted my current favorite pic of Ana.(I've ordered a t-shirt with that pic that will soon by unveiled on the "Whine with Cheez" podcast.)

This Sunday's podcast, live streamed from "Angelita's Casa de Cafe," 2200 Boca Chica Blvd. at 1:30 PM, will feature the three mayoral candidates.  The last time those three appeared we had over 5,000 viewers.

Now, the promised critique from the "Brownsville Beacon" blog:

The Brownsville Observer

Jim Barton's offering has gone through some changes this election season.  I don't know if it will go back to what it used to be once all the votes are counted, or if he'll continue to publish what can only be described as The Brownsville Observer "Light," but Barton's blog is a bit of a quandary.  Recently, Jim Barton has allied himself with another local blogger, and BISD Trustee, Erasmo Castro.  He now co-hosts the weekly Whine and Cheez podcast.  It seems that Barton has made a bit of a transition to talk show host as opposed to blogger.  This isn't to say there isn't any legitimate news on his blog, there his.  However, the blog has definitely taken on a kinder, gentler tone.  Mr. Barton also writes about his personal life quite a bit, including his blossoming relationship with his fianceΓ©.  The Brownsville Observer is definitely worth a visit, albeit a different type of blog experience than it once was.

2 comments:

  1. Jim please post Ana's choices in the comments. I am curious if she chose my canidates

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be the same person I spoke to privately, but, of course, I won't put Ana's personal views here without her permission.

    ReplyDelete