Sunday, March 31, 2019

RETIRED DETECTIVE CLIPPER, FIRST RESPONDER IN THE MARISA GOVEA HERNANDEZ HIT-AND-RUN CASE, SHARES HIS VIEWS

t
Retired BPD Officer Thomas Clipper and Girlfriend at Charlie Cabler for Mayor Event

Trying not to stare at the broad shouldered, totally pumped man behind the sunglasses, I kept asking myself:  "Where have I seen this guy?"

Then, it dawned on me. . . . . . "It's Clipper, Thomas Clipper from the Marisa Govea Hernandez hit-and-run trial, the first guy to the scene after the incident was finally reported!"

Introducing myself, I told Clipper:  "You're Thomas Clipper.  You were at the Marisa Govea Hernandez trial?"

"Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it," Clipper responded.

"OK, I understand that.  I won't ask you about it," I replied, aware that I was close enough that Clipper could totally take me out with either arm.

Then, without prompting, unable to contain himself, Clipper blurted out:  "80% of what's been reported on that is false!"

I just looked at him.  He seemed steamed.

"Let me ask you this," Clipper started.  

"If your wife had been driving on that dark road that night(FM 803), would you have wanted her to stop?"

"I admit that's a dangerous road with no shoulders," I responded.

"All right, then," Clipper continued.

"A guy was hit on the Interstate and killed recently.  No charges," stated Clipper.

"It was clearly a 'no report' incident."

Actually, well after the fact, the hit-and-run driver's son, Deputy Sheriff Marin Hernandez called the incident in a a "10-50." that is a fender bender, not a "10-57," hit and run.

"Anyway, what was she doing on that road at night?" asked Clipper rhetorically.

Of course, on FM 803 that night there were several driveways Ms. Hernandez could have pulled into to check out what she'd hit, but some evidence shows she was on the phone at the precise time of the accident and minutes thereafter.

Clipper had yet another question for me:  

"If that had been your wife and she had a relative in law enforcement, who do you think she calls, '911' herself or her relative in law enforcement?"

"The important thing is the accident be reported," I responded cautiously.

"Exactly!" answered Clipper.

Later, it would not be Clipper that was sent to the home of Hernandez, but then rookie cop Esteban Nino, who did not actually interview Marisa Govea Hernandez, but instead spoke with her son, Deputy Sheriff Marin Hernandez, then 25.(Marisa Govea Hernandez stayed behind a slightly cracked front door, only handing out her driver's license to Nino.)

The two of them(Nino and Hernandez' son Marin) came up with the theory that Ms. Hernandez had struck a skunk, despite being just a few feet away from a white Volkswagen with a dent at the 30" mark on the front end, a busted windshield and wiped out side mirror, not to mention human flesh on the side panel.

"Let me ask you one more thing," I told Clipper.

"Did anyone ask you to 'stand down' on this case?"

"No one ever asked me to stand down.  I worked over a thousand murder cases and they were all solved," Clipper responded, despite the fact that he seemingly was replaced on this case by young Nino and was was reportedly reassigned to a desk job.

Clipper was still not finished.

"Do you know where she (Mary Tipton)
was staying?"

"Yes, I reported she was staying at the motel on the Interstate(the Deluxe 6 Motel at the corner of the I-69 frontage and FM 511) and that her and her husband were separated at the time," I replied.

"Well, just check that out," Clipper continued, "and I think you might have some answers."






4 comments:

  1. Two glaring issues here; He seems to be blaming the victim -- what was she doing out there? and some inference that she was up to something at the motel where she was staying. I guess they are working on a "I killed a bad person so it is okay" defense. And he has solved over a thousand murder cases? In how many life times and where? I mean, do the math. Lets say he has been investigating homicides for 25 years, that's 40 murders a year solved! That is 1.3 murders a week. This guy must be finding bodies everywhere and keeping it pretty quite, too. If this was true they would be making movies about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't share shit! What's wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading comprehension may not be your strong suit! Clipper presented a clear pro-defense stance for the perpetrator, Marisa Govea Hernandez, likely hardened by the years of criticism he's received for his handling of matters. If you like, take Captain Bob up on his offer, get a free ride to Brownsville and interview Clipper yourself, dumbass.

      Delete
  3. Thabk you for taking the time to question him. Some one here knows Clipper personally. If he's a great detective ask him to solve one more case. This will probably clear up some missing information. Who was the other body with my wife? Why was it picked up and covered up..? Why was there no police repost made the night this happened? Why did a federal ageant come forward at the trial to disclose he was with Marisa Govea the night she killed Mary.. Oh and why did he destroy evidence!

    ReplyDelete

𝗛𝗘𝗡𝗥𝗬 𝗖𝗨𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗥'𝗦 𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗖𝗧𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗠𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗦𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗡 𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗟 𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗟

by Andrew Solender, AXIOS  Solender, AXIOS Share on facebook (opens in new window) Share on twitter (opens in new window) Share on linkedin...